Friday, December 08, 2006

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Christmas gifts

Hello everyone. It is time for a marathon post since I haven't posted a meat and potatoes post in awhile. Hopefully I will be able to tie my post into my title as I try to do each time, but have been unsuccessful the last couple of posts.
First, life. I feel like I am on the way back to normal life after my gallbladder surgery. I am so thankful that I had a surgeon I liked and a mom who came to take care of me. My husband has also been very helpful and caring. So far it seems that the gallbladder was my issue. I feel so much better. At first I didn't think I was better but now I can say I do feel better. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Second, liberty. I went to my surgeon this past Tuesday and he released me back into the world. Of course, I had already gone back to work because the cabin fever had reared its ugly head. I had to get out. He said I could do some walking for exercise but was clear to go skiing at the end of the month. Yeah! I am thankful for those of you who desire to care for people's ailments (sp?). You ROCK!
Lastly, the pursuit of Christmas gifts. That is was I am going to do after I check everyone's blog, pursue some gifts. I am going to try to do most of my shopping online. We will see how it goes.
Now to stray from my title. Hopefully we will be going to Ohio for the week of Christmas. GLORY! I can't wait to go home. Also, I hope that everyone will attempt to see the movie coming out titled "We are Marshall". If you will remember that is very near to where I am from, so close in fact that I attended summer school there for 2 years of our fabulous college careers. You will see lots of footage of where I cruised as a teenager. I can't wait to see that either. Its a true story hopefully presented well. Probably the notable part of the movie is that MATTHEW MCONAHEY (sp? again) plays one of the main characters!!!!!!!!!! Tasty, very tasty.
Well, I must go play Santy Clause. I don't know if I will have time to send cards this holiday season. I can't wait to see all the picture cards from the cutest babies I know, haven't met yet, but feel like I know. HO! HO! HO!

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Excellent job staying on your titled topic this post- very impressive!

Glad to hear you're out and about again. Being cooped-up stinks.

Good luck with the Christmas shopping. I have only bought for two people, and I'm not too saavy at surfing the web for gifts. I'll have to go out and brave the crowds. Yuck!

6:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad you are doing well. let me know how the internet shopping goes--i did a little of that this year. good luck!

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

I can't wait to see that movie. I thought about you when I heard about it. I actually met a woman who's husband was one of the coaches.

4:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad your out and about and back to your jolly self again. Yay Andrea! (I spend to much time talking to babies these days please excuse)

I think about you everytime I hear something about this movie. Maybe this will be the movie for 06 -read my blog for the story. Love your friend.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Elizabeth Miller said...

So glad to know you are feeling well and most importantly are cleared to ski! Can't wait to see Marshall..mostly because of the love of my life Matthew..but good to know that is your stomping grounds, I will keep that in mind : )Merry Christmas!!!

6:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home