Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Update on regular life

Well, I don't have any funny stories to share or visiting celebrity friends so I figured I would just give the 411 on life these days. Hunter coached basketball this year. Its been 2 years since he last coached. Of course, you all know I love basketball so I didn't mind going to the games. But this year I really enjoyed watching more than the other years. I don't know any of the kids so I didn't have any attachment. Maybe I was bored. Anyway, the season is now over and we have a lot of free time.
I am extremely busy at work. I have adopted a new philosiphy at work, "Don't work for the promotion, just work and the promotions will come." I am not out for some hard core career but I found myself working to be praised or patted on the back. I wasn't working because that is what I am there to do. Since I have changed my thinking, I have experienced a lot less pressure I place on myself at work. And its seems I am getting a ton of stuff done. Interesting.
Also on a career note, I am speaking at Hunter's school's career day on Thursday. Ha! All of you should laugh at this because well, you know me. I am going to promote my profession to high school students. Wow. Also, I am 10 years older than these kids. I have never thought of my self as old but around high school kids, at 26, you are old to them.
I have attempted a budget on paper to hopefully be debt free, with exception to our house. I am definitely trying to act on my confession of materialism. The budget begins March 1st. It will be hard but not impossible. We will see.
Nothing more is going on. I am totally digging the weather. I am totally digging all the blessings from God- friends, family, weather, laughter and everything in between. Lets see if I can leave with a good blessing.........May you have the energy to complete your laundry (including putting it up), an excuse to ride with your windows down tomorrow with your best song on the radio and the luck or skill to cook a dinner that tastes like your mom made it. Rock out.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Hadfields said...

That's great Andrea! Good philosophy. I wish I could adopt that as well b/c I find myself doing things at work for pats on the back too! Glad you and Hunter are doing well. Let me know how your budget goes. I would love to be debt free, wouldn't we all?!?

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Jillina said...

I would love to hear you promote accounting to some high school kids. Actually I would love to hear anyone promote accouting.

Good luck with the budget. No surpise but we have been on one for years. It sucks at first but it really helps you save money and pay things off.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger chris anne said...

i love the blessing at the end! that's perfect, and right back at you. glad you aren't stressing at work anymore. i think your new philosophy is a good one. good luck at career day.

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Angie said...

Love your posts! You make me smile, Andrea!

3:40 PM

 
Blogger Laurie said...

Amen, Sister. That's all I have to say except for that I am thankful that I know you and count you as a friend!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

I always love what you have to say! Thanks for the blessings....I did get to drive with the windows down this week. Unfortunately the warm weather didn't stay, it's back to being cold again.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger The Hadfields said...

Sorry, that's amy.hadfield@bhsi.com !!

6:28 PM

 
Blogger The Stone's said...

What the heck, dude (that is the nice word of what I was thinking)? Did you quit blogging? I have all of 3 friends to check on, and you don't even post anymore! How about some of those Disney pics?

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home