Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A lot on the brain

Here it is, the beginning of another year and find myself with a lot on the brain. For the first time I can recall I feel pressured to have a New Year's resolution. I have NEVER been one to have a resolution for the simple fact that they are made to be broken. I was able to keep one the year before last but that was interupted by my gallbladder. I used to exercise.....used to being the operative words.
I find myself perplexed this evening so I am using this blog to hopefully gain an ounce of clarity. Hope you don't get bored and if so please move on to something more fun to read or watch or whatever.
The New Year is supposed to represent a freshness and renewal. Not so much for me. I am ready to throw everything I own in the garbage. We have too much stuff, period. There is no reason for us to accquire items we do not use. And I feel like I have tons of that right now.
I just determined my perplexity and possibly the New Year's resolution that is eating at me....selfishness and materialism. Its not my resolution to be selfish or materialistic. I have just realized that I am those things. SICK! So here it is annouced technologically.....I resolve to give more and receive less. I don't need all of this stuff.
Now that I am feeling a bit lighter, I think we have to get a playmate for Clifford. We went to Ohio for the week and Hunter's sister kept Clifford for us, and he didn't wag his tail when we picked him up. Nice. I feel like a bad parent. He's bored and slightly lonely. I feel crappy about it. So the search begins....
On a cheery note, I am so glad that all my friends put pictures on their blogs. I love looking at them. I don't feel as removed from your lives when I see the pix.
I just re read my blog and it is depressing. I promise to bring the funny, or at least what I think is funny, on my next entry. Hope everyone is having fantastic and productive New Years. I am now ready to start mine....thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

I love your blog and missing getting to have our daily chats!!

I agree on your point about too much stuff. We should all make that our resolution.

Clifford does need a friend. It's fun when the dogs entertain themselves and wag their tails for each other. I highly recommend a labradoodle : )

Last note....I went to see "We Are Marshall" tonight and weeped the entire time. Such a great story even though depressing.

Happy New Year!!

8:28 PM

 
Blogger Abigail and Ansley said...

Hey! It's great to hear from you! Lots of love!

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Jillina said...

Yo Yo! Glad to see you updating your blog on a somewhat reg basis. It makes me feel like I get to talk to you more than we do. Happy New Year!

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Angie said...

I don't think your blog is depressing. It's completley true. Our society has become so focused on material things that we're losing out on things like relationships and internal value.

Well said, Andrea! I'm with you in this new resolution. I need to focus on that, too.

7:36 PM

 
Blogger chris anne said...

i love to read your blog because you are so honest. we all get caught up in stuff, and i feel just like you sometimes, especially when you have a kid and feel like they need lots of stuff. thanks for the reminder to cut down on my stuff. happy new year back at you!

5:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home